Sunday 15 March 2015

Sandra, Ireland



We have been here for two weeks now. Navigating from place A to B feels a lot easier now that I know the city better. I don't feel so lost anymore.


Galway is really beautiful city with all it's cute little shops and bright colored doors. The small talk in shops is something I'm not very comfortable with yet, but it's a nice change compared to Finland where no one talks to anyone. I'm also frustrated about people talking so fast I can't register all the words and then having to ask them to repeat themselves at least two times before I get what they're saying. At least that's the case with a couple of our classmates, (fortunately most of the time I understand what people are talking about.) I was aware of this before I came to Ireland, of course they will talk faster because they speak English every day. 


On Thursday we were at Dock no.1 because Sarah had invited all Finnish people and the ones that are soon going to Finland to meet each others. That was pretty nice, we spoke with a couple of Finnish girls and agreed to meet some day and hang around. I was pretty anxious there and Lenita was tired so when others apparently went to another pub to listen to music and hang around, we went home.


It's so awesome to see the nature coming to life. The weather has been so pretty over this weekend so on Friday I decided to go out for a walk, and I actually enjoyed it.

These two weeks have been really nice here, but I still kinda miss home already. But I hope the last three weeks are going to be as great as the first two!


No comments:

Post a Comment