Wednesday 4 March 2015

Sandra, Ireland



We left Pori at 2 am last Sunday-Monday night. Our flight was supposed to leave Helsinki at 7.55 but it got cancelled due to some technical problem, so we queued at least two whole hours to get new tickets. When we finally got ourselves in the airplane, where I was panicking a lot. That was my first flight ever and I tried to keep my screams as quiet as I could. After about twenty minutes I was fine with flying, still being afraid that this is the plane that will crash down.

After some time we arrived to Copenhagen, where we waited for another couple of hours for the next flight to leave. We were having a hard time finding charger spots anywhere but at least we were alive and even got some sleep there. At 17.00 local time our flight finally left. The second flight didn't feel so scary anymore. The plane was also a lot comfier than the first plane. 


We got 10€ reparation to spend in the plane so we of course used it all
 Finally, at 22.00 local time we arrived to Galway. Considering the time differences, our 15-hour trip stretched to be 22-hour trip. I was so exhausted when we got to the apartment where we're living. 


The neighborhood is really nice-looking, even though it's a bit weird to see cloned houses everywhere. I always feel lost since everything looks the same to me. Also the flipped traffic is a thing I'm not getting used to in a day or two. 

Super artsy pictures of our super healthy things. The strawberry milk is my new favorite thing.

It's weird to see so much alcohol in a regular store, so I took a picture of it.


We're staying in a rented accommodation, and the lady who owns the place is really friendly. She had left us a meal for Tuesday, as well as some bread, cereal, milk, fruits etc. so we didn't have to worry about food in the morning we wake up. I had bought her rye bread, Fazer chocolate and salmiakki to show some gratitude and she was happy about it.

W H Y ? ? ? ? ? ?


These sockets were our biggest problem because we didn't know about it and we were supposed to send various messages everywhere and we didn't have any batteries left anywhere. 


But fortunately we found adapters from a store nearby, and we could be happy again. Life is now much easier. 

We had another problem also; the first night here was super cold and we didn't fully understand the whole heating system. But now it's much warmer, I don't even know how but I'm glad it is. 

The first day in school was weird. I don't even know if I have anything else to say about it. It was just weird. Nice, but weird and I felt lost all the time even though I knew exactly where we were. The people were really nice though. 

Now I'm going to take a nap or make some food or something, thxbye

No comments:

Post a Comment